How to get to the Conference Hotel?
ETFA 2015 will be held at the Alvisse Parc Hotel, City of Luxembourg:
The Alvisse Parc Hotel can be easily reached by car from the city centre as well as from the International Airport Findel. Parking is available in front of the hotel at no cost.
In addition to the convetional taxis, you can book you taxi travel to the hotel online with a fixed price at Webtaxi.
The bus network in Luxembourg is well distributed and efficient. The Alvisse Parc Hotel can be reached from the city center using 3 city bus lines (12, 23, 25) and 3 regional lines (100, 110 and 111), see details below.
The easiest way to plan your bus travel is to use the online planner here and to enter your start point as well as the destination. In addition, you can use the mobile app “Mobiliteit.lu” available for android and IOS on the app Store.
To get bus tickets there are some different options:
- At the main bus stops you will find orange machines where you can buy tickets
- The bus drivers can sell them to you, but take into account that no all the buses have this option available.
- You can buy them at Luxembourg’s Gare. Is possible to get a packet of 10 bus tickets.
- You can buy them using “M-ticket” app available for Android and IOS. To use this app you will need to have Digicash or FLASHiZ to be able to pay for the tickets.
The regional bus lines 100, 110 and 111 start in the city center and arrive at the Alvisse Parc hotel in 15 minutes. The bus stop is directly in front of the Alvisse Parc Hotel (bus stop "Dommeldange, Dauschbuer"). Please ask the bus driver to announce the bus stop! To plan your bus travel use the online planner here and enter your start point as well as the destination "Dommeldange, Dauschbuer" in the tool.
In addition to the mentioned regional bus lines 100, 110, 111, there are city bus lines that stop very frequently in a walking distance of 12 minutes from the hotel. The bus stop is "Dommeldange, Van der Meulen", the possible city bus lines are 12, 23, 25. You can use the online planner here and enter your start point as well as the destination "Dommeldange, Van der Meulen" in the tool.
Some Examples how to reach Alvisse Parc Hotel from the City Center in the morning for the sessions starting at 08:30 :
If your hotel is near the Ville Haute (old town city center): You can use go to the bus stop "Badanstalt" and use the following lines:
- 100: 8:12 from "Badanstalt", 8:19 at Alvisse Hotel ("Dauschbuer")
- 110: 8:00 from "Badanstalt", 8:06 at Alvisse Hotel ("Dauschbuer")
- 12: 7:45 from "Badanstalt", 7:55 at "Van der Meulen", 12 min walk to Alvisse
- 12: 8:05 from "Badanstalt", 8:15 at "Van der Meulen", 12 min walk
If your hotel is near the Gare Centrale (Central Train Station):
- 110: 7:53 (Luxembourg Gare routiere, Quai 21), 8:06 at Alvisse Hotel
- 23: 7:48 (Luxembourg Gare, Quai 7), 8:09 at "Van der Meulen", 12 min walk to Alvisse
If your hotel is on Kirchberg (near European Institutions):
- 25: 7:44 from Konrad Adenauer, 7:53 at "Van der Meulen", 12 min walk to Alvisse
- 25: 8:14 from Konrad Adenauer, 8:23 at "Van der Meulen", 12 min walk to Alvisse
A map of the bus lines as well as the location of the Alvisse Parc Hotel can be downloaded here: